Do you know how hyaluronic acid and retinol act on your skin? Find out which is the best compound for your face at Sam Parfums.
In cosmetics, one of the keys to getting your skin care treatment right is precisely to know in depth what are your specific needs. Some people have oily, sensitive, atopic or dry and flaky skin..
We are going to lay a very clear foundation, which is that every skin has its treatment. Every time. The only thing you really need to do to get it right is to look for key products that take care of precisely that aspect you want to treat.
The big problem in this regard is that currently marketing is overwhelmingThe world is full of thousands of solutions, magic elixirs, creams that promise changes in a few weeks, etc. However, you can spend a lot of money and not notice any improvement in your skin.. On the contrary, you may have adverse effects that you cannot explain.
In reality, rather than looking at the products and their marketing message, you have to look at something very simple: the formulation. This is especially important if you are looking for a anti-ageing treatmentbecause they are the most controversial when it comes to purchasing them.
In fact, in this type of treatment you will find that two key ingredients predominate: hyaluronic acid and retinolWhy? Because they are two basic components whose effectiveness is gradually being demonstrated by the scientific studies.
But, which is better: retinol or hyaluronic acid? To answer this question, we will first tell you what retinol and hyaluronic acid are, and then tell you about the advantages and disadvantages of each. Take note!
What is retinol?
Retinol is a type of retinoids, which are vitamin A-derived compounds. Its function is to increase collagen production and thus improve the cell renewal process through retinoic acid (the compound into which retinol is converted once it is absorbed by the skin).
It is probably the ingredient with the most scientific evidence of effectiveness. as an anti-wrinkle and depigmenting treatment, especially in those routines that seek to protect against solar radiation.
In fact, a concentration of at least 0.4% in retinol has been shown to reduce wrinkles over a period of six months with an application frequency of 3 times per week. Even those with a lower concentration, but with a minimum of 0.04% already have some effect after 12 weeks of application.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a macromolecule belonging to the group of glucides that is naturally generated by our body. It is present in our skin, eyes, skeletal tissue, lungs and heart, among others. To give you a rough estimate, a 70 kg man produces 15 grams of hyaluronic acid, synthesising approximately one third of it every day.
What happens then with this compound? That as the years go by, this natural production of hyaluronic acid is reduced.The main reason why many of today's cosmetic products include hyaluronic acid molecules.
In terms of effectiveness, it has already been found that 0.1% hyaluronic acid improves skin elasticity and hydrationhyaluronic acid has the function of retaining moisture in the skin. However, there is a problem: size matters here.
If the hyaluronic acid molecules are small, their effectiveness is higher.If they are large, the skin has difficulty absorbing them. Even so, whether they are large or small, they have been shown to be excellent as a moisturising treatment and for expression lines. For pure anti-wrinkle treatment, as we will see later, it is also good, but not as effective in isolation.
Which is better for your skin: retinol or hyaluronic acid?
Before answering this question, you should first know the pros and cons of each compound so that you can see its effects on your skin.
Advantages and disadvantages of retinol
- Increases the collagen formationIt is perfect for treating deeper wrinkles.
- Decreases the appearance of stains on the face caused by the sun.
- It is excellent for tacne treatmentnot only to prevent breakouts, but also to reduce the marks they leave on the face.
- They control the sebum production.
- It gives a lot more radiance to the skinThe skin looks smoother and firmer.
- It is irritatingThis compound is not recommended if you have sensitive skin.
- If you have dry skin, it can cause flaking.
- It should be combined with sunscreen, as it its application makes you more sensitive to the sun.
- May stain as it is a more unctuous treatment.
Advantages and disadvantages of hyaluronic acid
- Can be used by everyoneRemember that it is a naturally occurring compound, so it is suitable for all skin types.
- It is an excellent moisturiser, balances the skin's acid mantle.
- It is very effective against expression lines and signs of premature ageing.
- It has a strong antioxidant effectIt thus acts as a barrier to environmental pollution.
- It does not irritate, does not weaken in the sunIt does not aggravate any special skin conditions. In fact, it soothes the itching and pain caused by acne breakouts.
- In fact, it has only one drawbackIt is often combined with other compounds (including, in fact, retinol) that can have an irritating effect on your skin. Also, if the hyaluronic acid molecules in your moisturiser are large, it will probably take longer to see its effects.
As you can see, there are several options to consider when choosing whether to treat your skin with retinol or hyaluronic acid.
But we've come here to give you a solution to all these ills: you don't really need to choose between the two. You can combine them.
Indeed, treatments using combinations of hyaluronic acid and retinol concentrations are the most effective in treating the skin.
Just know that it's perfect for those seeking to fight against ageingretinol is a valuable ally for this. For specific treatments against rosacea or acne, although retinol can help, less aggressive options such as the concentrated hyaluronic acid serum or the aloe vera.
In addition, remember that at Sam Parfums we have all kinds of skin care products focused on treating premature ageing. with retinol concentrates and hyaluronic acid.
Visit our catalogue in the Sam Parfums website Take advantage of our offers and rejuvenate your face with Sam Parfums!